Holidays to suit everyone
Tour with AAT Kings and you’ll join others from around the world who share a love of travel. We welcome everyone – couples, friends and solo travellers, the young and the young at heart – to come explore with us and make new friends for life along the way.
More extras for less
Our tours are packed with inclusions:
- Discounts & deals arranged for you on tour.
- Know exactly what you get for your money, so you can plan your trip to match your budget.
- ‘Hidden Gems’ - a range of extra special, ‘off-the-itinerary’ stops and experiences along the way.
Hassle free from beginning to end
We’ve taken care of everything. There is no detailed planning required, no getting lost and no wasting time. We do the hard work for you so you can get on with having a great time; it’s your holiday after all.
Our experienced crew & local guides will, go the extra mile to bring your tour to life, taking you where no guide book can. They’re as passionate as they are experienced sharing with you, the kind of insider knowledge & entertaining insights that no amount of books can.
Real flexibility and freedom
Our tours provide choice, with plenty of free time:
- Shop, try a local restaurant, relax or choose one of our optional activities – it’s up to you.
- From small group 4WD tours to larger, luxury coaches – there’s different ways to travel with us.
- Start and finish your tour in different cities.
85 years on & still going strong. With quality and service as our highest priority, we’re:
- a multi-award winning, family-owned company, part of The Travel Corporation
- a bonded global member of Tour Operator Associations, with a worldwide reputation for reliability.
Guaranteed to go
We offer ‘Guaranteed Departures’ on our most popular tours. These are the trips that are definitely departing and are highlighted in the dates section on each tour itinerary page as well online.
On the road
Some of the newest on the road, our Mercedes Benz & Scania coaches deliver safety and comfort without compromise.
- Our vehicles are fully air-conditioned, with onboard restrooms, plenty of leg room and more.
- Coach travel produces far less carbon emissions than planes, cars or trains.
AAT Kings’ hand-picked accommodation has been selected for comfort, location and facilities. Comfort means a clean room with a soft bed and an en-suite. Plus extras like a bar, often a pool and guest laundry. Our hotels in New Zealand include brands like Millennium, Copthorne, Scenic, Novotel and feature hotels like Punakaiki Resort and Millbrook Resort and in Australia include brands like Crowne Plaza, Novotel, Vibe, Mercure and Stamford Plaza, and feature resorts like Hamilton Island, Cable Beach Club Resort, Cradle Mountain Lodge and Voyages Ayers Rock Resort to name but a few.
Terms & ConditionsView AAT Kings's terms and conditions
AAT Kings has some fantasic offers available that you should take advantage of.View AAT Kings's Offers
Interested in AAT Kings?
We have a wide range of AAT Kings tours available that will surely meet your desires.View Tours
Come and see Australia and New Zealand with us!
AAT Kings offers a huge range of holidays. No matter which way you choose to travel, we’ll bring each destination to life. A holiday is your time to relax, so at AAT Kings we’ve included just about everything so you don’t have to worry about a thing. Expert commentary, stress-free travel, luxury air-conditioned vehicles, and all the must-see highlights. Our friendly Travel Directors and Driver Guides will enhance your experience with stories, local knowledge and sense of fun.
History of company
AAT Kings’ story began in 1912 when the Pyke family pioneered coach touring in Australia. Starting with self-drive car-hire in 7 seater vehicles in Sydney, we expanded to guided sightseeing tours. By the 1960s, the company, then known as AAT, had become Sydney’s largest tour operator and in the 1980s we teamed up with pioneering adventurer Bill King’s Northern Safaris, which ultimately led to the creation of what we know today as AAT Kings.
- 1912 Pyke family, led by Colonel Pyke began the first daily route from Sydney to Blue Mountains.
- 1920s Due to the success of this daily Blue Mountains venture, the Government intervened and the first bus tour operator license (Touring Vehicle 001) was assigned – this license is still held by AAT Kings.
- 1920s Pyke family expanded, offering guided tours to Katoomba and Jenolan Caves in seven seater cars.
- 1935 Pykes introduced 14 seater coaches to Katoomba & Jenolan Caves tours.
- 1945 Grenda’s Bus service founded in October when George Grenda purchased four routes from Shaves Bus services in Dandenong.
- 1967 Bill King launched Bill King’s Northern Safaris.
- 1973 Grenda’s Bus service purchased Blue Line Tourist Coaches Sydney.
- 1975 AAT Coachlines was formed in July by a TAA & Mayne Nickless joint venture with the purchase and amalgamation of Pykes Tours, Grenda’s Melbourne coach operations & Grenda’s Blue Line Tourist Coaches Sydney.
- 1980 AAT Coachlines purchased Bill King’s Northern Safaris in December & tours were operated as Bill King’s Australian Adventure Tours.
- 1983 AAT Coachlines was purchased by Mayer Page and Geoff McGeary, proprietors of Australian Pacific Touring (APT).
- 1984 AAT Kings was formed with amalgamation of Grand Central Tours, Bill King’s Australian Adventure Tours & AAT Coachlines (formed in 1975).
- 1985 Bill King parted ways with Page & McGeary in September.
- 1993 AAT & APT split in June, with Page taking control of AAT Kings and McGeary Australian Pacific Touring.
- 1997 AAT Kings was purchased by The Travel Corporation.
- 1999 AAT Kings began operations in New Zealand.
- 2012 AAT Kings purchased APT’s Day Tours & Short Breaks.
- 2013 AAT Kings in October undergoes significant rebranding, launching new focus and tagline “Bringing Australia & New Zealand to life”.
- 2014 (Aug) AAT Kings announced strategic investment in Down Under Tours, Cairns, opening a significant footprint in northern Queensland.
- 2014 (Nov) Off the back of a launch of first-of-their-kind glass roof coaches in Sydney, AAT Kings launches double decker ‘Sydney Sightseeing’ product in Sydney, the vehicles can cross the Sydney Harbour Bridge due to an innovative see-through roof.
TYPES OF EXPERIENCE
We offer a wide range of Day Tours, Short Breaks and extended Guided Tours right across Australia and New Zealand. Whether you’re looking to explore Australia’s stunning outback, the reef and rainforests of tropical Queensland, the rugged beauty of Western Australia and the Kimberley, the wilderness of Tasmania, cosmopolitan Sydney and Melbourne or the majestic landscapes of New Zealand, we are the coach tour specialists that can take you there.
We’ll take you to all the must-see sights and even share some stories and ‘Hidden Gems’ along the way that you’d never have known if travelling on your own.
- Guided Holidays
- Locations: Australia and New Zealand
- Duration: 4 to 21 days
Points of difference:
- Fully guided holiday experience with AAT Kings’ passionate and knowledgeable Tour Directors and Driver Guides
- All the must-see highlights are included with VIP entry to major sights
- Immersive cultural experiences
- Choice, flexibility and freedom
- Comfortable accommodation, many meals including breakfast daily and luxury coach transport
- Travel wallet and map included in documentation
- First Choice holidays offer premium hotels in centrally located areas, more meals and sightseeing inclusions, plus unique ‘You’re Invited’ dining experiences.
- Best Buys holidays offer great value, comfortable accommodation within easy access to city centres and more free time.
- First Choice holidays offer premium
hotels in centrally located areas, more
meals and sightseeing inclusions, plus unique
‘You’re Invited’ dining experiences
- Best Buys holidays offer great value,
comfortable accommodation within
easy access to city centres and more free time
- Inspiring Journeys
- Locations: Top End, Red Centre, Tasmania and the North and South Islands of New Zealand
- Duration: 3 to 22 days
Points of difference:
- Immersive and boutique small group journeys
- Average number of guests: 12-20
- Rich experiences that allow your client to shape their holiday
- Local, authentic and innovative cuisine offerings
- Luxury accommodation and vehicles including coaches and 4WDS
- Experienced and professional AAT Kings’ Driver Guides